Saturday, May 21, 2011

How I feel right now!

I’ve been back from home now for 4 days and just got out of the house today. I know it’s a combination of everything but we did catch a bug in Miami right before we left. Seems everyone home has the same thing so I am happy that it’s not a parasite or something we got in Haiti. I still don’t have any appetite at all today. If I seen food, I just want to vomit. I just need to get something out of my check because I am getting too emotional that I can no longer function.


Yes Haiti is corrupt and there are bad people doing bad things to teach other over there but did you take them time and look around were you are right now... there might not be buildings crushed down and people living in tents in your neighbourhood but dear god they are human as well and they need to survive. Down home the homeless have places to shower, eat and drink water. They chose to be on the street. If they have some kind of mental illness, they have programs for them. In Haiti they have none of that. After more than a year of the earthquake, the same tent cities are still there and some of them still have to beg for clean water and children are still born under these circumstances.

So sorry if I don’t have any pity for you right now for your problems or your comments... it’s not that I don’t care it’s just that you can probably think for awhile and find a solution or find someone to help you with your problem.

Yes I just got back from a 3rd World Country and my husband and I got home sick as a dog but no It was not because of Haiti and even if it was... I would do it all over again if the little I did over there counted in some ways and helped someone. If we wouldn’t be doing what we are doing right now, Berline (Kyanne) would be living on the side of the street in Kenscoff with her mother that is unemployed and her 2 other siblings. Berline’s birth mom has not given up her daughter by bringing her to GLA at 14 days. She has given her a chance to live and be cared for. When Berline (Kyanne) grown up, we will explain and teach her about her birth place and will bring her to her roots. I’m sure she will as well want to help in every way she can.

I know it’s really overwhelming when you get in PAP. You feel that your suites cases full of supplies and few $ 100 bills are worthless overlooking at the disaster but if everyone does a little bit, each bit counts and it makes you feel good inside.

So for the people reading my blog, I was not directing this at any of you. I just had to vent!

Thank you for your support! xoxo

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Vent away Sylvie - I understand!

Denise said...

It's so hard to come back... especially when you've left a big part of your heart back in Haiti. After my first trip it took 2 weeks to feel half way normal (and I had a bug as well). This time it was a little bit easier - because I knew what to expect (and maybe because I'm hoping I have to go back again soon), but it still just sucks.