Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Best Mothers Day Gift!

Melissa emailed me right after lunch today to let me know Victor and I could travel as soon as next week! Unfortunately, if Nicole and Renée would be coming, we would have to wait at the end of the month to go for availability at the guesthouse. She also pointed out that if we wait at the end of the month, our dossier will not be moving until then. So we decided to go next week just the 2 of us and get the ball rolling and get her home sooner rather than later. Hopefully when we travel for the second time to bring her home, we’ll be able to bring Nicole and Renée with us.

So this is it. After almost 3 years of dreaming of this moment, it’s really happening Tuesday, May 10th. We will be flying to Miami on Monday May 9th and will be going to Haiti the next day. We are extremely happy but a little nervous at the same time. I only have a few days to pack, so I won’t have time to sit and rehearse what I am going to do LOL! I guess it will all come out naturally... hopefully.

4 comments:

A said...

It will all come naturally! I'm so happy for you. Who would have thought that the 2 of us - who didn't think we wanted kids - would become mothers and be so excited and proud about it! I can't wait to hear about the first time you hold your daughter... about the love you will feel when you first see her in person. Happy Mother's Day Sylvie! The best is yet to be...
xox

Julie said...

I'm so excited for you Sylvie!!! I can't wait to hear about the first time you get to see and hold your precious little girl. Safe travels and enjoy every minute of your stay. What a wonderful Mother's Day gift!

Julie (from NB)

Brendan and Mary said...

Congratulations! Such wonderful and exciting news! Looking forward to hearing all about your first meeting. :) Happy Mother's Day!

ourpartyof4 said...

I am so happy for you! Congratulations on getting to travel and meet and hold adorable little Kyanne Berline!