Monday, May 16, 2011

Love at first sight!

May 10, 2011

When we arrived at the airport in Port-au-Prince, I was quite surprised how normal it felt. It was nothing compared to when I went last year after the earthquake. While we were driving, you could still see all the tent cities. It’s really sad to see the tents after a year has gone by.

We had all planned to get ready downstairs before we would be introduced to Berline and Brandon had called Melissa ahead and she was waiting for us downstairs when we got in. She was there with her smiley face. I just went in shock!!! Tried to get the camera out but had to go get her first. It felt so wonderful to have her in our arms...it felt comfortable and perfect!

We immediately fell in love. I don’t know how it is to give birth, but this feeling that I had when we first laid eyes on her, was the beginning of the rest of our lives together.

We stayed on the balcony all day playing, hugging and kissing her. She’s such a pleasant girl. We had Théo (Djeff) out on the balcony with us as well. Théo is Liette’s son. They will be friend when we bring them home. He is such a wonderful little guy. He is calm and he likes to cuddle. On the other hand, Berline is quite the active little one. I’m not sure if daddy is going to be able to keep up with her. He was quite tiered when we arrived at the guesthouse.

I am extremely happy to see the Jordan family (guesthouse). I missed them so much. Nikki got us to stay in Bailee and Kylee’s room aka ‘Princess Room’ I am so thankful that we got to stay with them.

5 comments:

Brendan and Mary said...

Congrats! You look all look so happy! So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

So sweet....congratulations:)

ourpartyof4 said...

She is gorgeous! I am so excited for you!!

How long will you be there? I am arriving tomorrow morning.

Sylvie and Victor said...

We were back in Miami Sat on the 14. Hope you have a safe trip!

The Drinkwaters said...

She is so beautiful! You both look so happy holding Kyanne in your lap.