Monday, May 16, 2011

Meeting with Judge Bob today and Théo's Birthady

Wednesday, May 11, 2011


Today is Theo’s first Birthday! I asked Susie and she said they normally do the Birthday’s for the month all together. She asked us if we wanted to do Berline’s birthday at same time because we were here and her birthday is June 14. She said it would be Théo, Berline and Nathan’s. 2 of the volunteers baked the cake this afternoon, however we had to go sign in front of Judge Bob today and we only arrived late. She said we would have the party tomorrow after we arrive from court. We drove up to Kenscoff to see the local Judge. We were supposed to see him the day we arrived but his son was in the hospital. When we got there... to our surprise, we drove up to his house. He was planting flowers in front of his house. We got us to come inside. It was like entering a cool room. The house was made of cement. We sat at the table and he wrote a paragraph in a book. He then got us to sign the middle part of the page with our passport number and our home address. That was it. I asked him if we could take a picture with him and he started jumping up and down... He was so excited!!! He reminded me of Eddy Murphy when he acts all crazy in his movies.

Being with Berline today felt really real to me. I am going to just love being her mom! I think I already have the diaper thing all mastered LOL! Victor is not there yet, but I am hoping he will hahaha! He watches but did not get his hands dirty. Victor was able make her fall asleep in his arms. I tried but was not successful. She is like a little fish... she just flops and jumps. I think she is more comfortable in his arms because they are bigger hahah!

We got to know the Team of 11 that are staying at the guesthouse with us. They are producers from California. They made the film, Like Dandelion Dust, film about adoption. 2 of them have adopted as well. They are really nice people. One of the guys sort of did a photo shoot with us.

Victor went to the Baptist Mission (shopping area) today with the team. I had already went last year so I stayed with my little princess and Théo. We just played upstairs on the balcony.


Walking to main house in the morning to see Berline (Kyanne)








Signed adoption papers in front of Judge Bob.




2 comments:

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

SOOOO excited for you Sylvie and love the pictures and updates !!
Lisa

ourpartyof4 said...

I love all the pics Sylvie!