Monday, May 16, 2011

Last day with Berline (Kyanne)

May 13, 2010


I woke up with butterflies in my tummy. I knew it was our last day with Berline. We had breakfast and left for the toddler house. We had brought supplies and treats for the toddlers. It was emotional seeing all those little faces run to us to get their treats. They all sat in a circle waiting for Victor to pass them a treat. They sang songs and were following us around.






We walked down to the main house. As we were walking upstairs to go in the nursery, Dixie stopped us and asked us about our experience yesterday at the court. She thought it was funny. For some reason I didn’t think it was that funny but I guess we’re in Haiti and nobody is stressed and they do what needs to be done when they feel like it.

When Berline saw us enter the room, her little eyes glazed at us with a big smile on her face. We had to go downstairs for a few hours because Dixie was having a staff meeting on the balcony. We played for a bit and then she fell asleep in Victor’s arms. After 30 minutes of watching them sleep, I joined them for a nap. It felt really comfortable!!! I had not realized that Holli took some pictures of us while we were sleeping...

When it was time for lunch, I didn’t want to put her back with the others so we took our turn to go downstairs to eat. All day, the volunteers had Théo, Nathan and Geraldson. It was fun to see them play together. As the time was ticking, I knew this wonderful journey was coming to an end. Berline was a little cranky in the pm because she had did not take a nap. We tried to get her to fall asleep but it was like she knew that it was our last day. When we brought her to the nursery when we went down for Dinner we knew she would fall asleep. 30 minutes after, I could not resist and had to go back. I knew it was our last goodbye. She was sound asleep with a hoody on top of her tinny head. The nanny had taken out her elastics because it was hurting her. I went to say my goodbye’s to Djeff. Poor little fellow was crying to. I think he knew that we were leaving. I got attached to him so much as well. I can’t wait for Liette to be able to go meet her little guy as well. He is truly a special little boy. I then went to see Nathan and Geraldson. I truly hope someday, we’ll be able to reunite all of them.














This is the moment I just didn’t want to go through. I went back to see Berline. I sat beside her bed to watch her sleep. Tears were running down my cheeks and the nanny asked if it was our last day and I said yes. She immediately reached in the crib and woke her up. I reached to take her in my arms and just didn’t want to let go. We stayed with her for another 30 minutes or so and had to leave her behind with the nannies. It was heart breaking. We went one last time to see Théo and take one last picture with the 2 of them. Théo and I were crying. Berline was staying strong for her mommy. If she would of cried, I don’t think I could of left. She loves the nannies so I but her in the arms of one of them and she was watching us walk away. I had to be strong and keep praying that our next trip will be taking her from the nannies arms and not letting go. She will be with her forever family soon! I believe and know it will be soon!



When we got downstairs, Brandon was there waiting for us. He knew I was hurting. He gave me a big hug to comfort me. He said they will pray for us to bring her home soon.

The group that were on a mission, staying with us at the guest house were really supportive of us. 2 of the men had already gone through international adoption. One of them from GLA and the other China i think. They are the producers of Like Dandelion Dust... http://www.facebook.com/notifications.php#!/LikeDandelionDustWe had another fun night of massages and pretend make over with Bailee and Kylee. Melissa, the Adoption Coordinator had come to the guest house to see Nikki and Brandon for the evening. Before she left, she came to say goodbye. She is a really sweet girl. I am really grateful for the wonderful staff at GLA. They are all nice. She said that now we just have to sit back and wait for our dossier to finish its process. She said she will email us at each time our dossier progresses to the next step.

5 comments:

Julie LeBlanc said...

Sylvie and Victor... I'm bawling like a baby. My heart goes out to you and can't wait for the moment where you go back to bring Kyanne (Berline) HOME!

xox

Julie

Unknown said...

I have tears in my eyes as I read about your last day. I hope that you don't have to wait much longer for her to come home.

Adrienne said...

Sylvie, you are such a blessing - thank you for documenting your trip so well! I'm in tears just from reading of your good-bye experience!!.....I'm dreading mine but at the same time so very anxious to go and meet Nathan! :)

Liette said...

I had been so focussed on checking FB that I completely forgot that you might be updating your Blog. I just finished reading all of your entries from the time you left for Haiti...ouf, this is so emotional!!! My heart is just aching to meet my little boy and to have him in my arms. And to meet your precious little girl too!! I know it will happen soon...and that we will bring them home and it will feel like they were always here with us!! I can't wait!!

Jess said...

Beautiful pics Sylvie - I"m so happy for you guys!