Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Nothing is ever easy when it comes to Sylvie and Planning!!!

So I finished by having a 1 1\2h hr of sleep. We had came back from Dinner early because we wanted to go to bed early so we would be all rested up for today. Guess that did not happen.

I booked another one way ticket with American Airlines. By the time I got off the phone with Red Tag, she could not guarantee that we would be reimbursed for our original flight. Lets just say I was not sleeping. While all of this is going on, Victor was sleeping, when I woke him up to let him know that we were only leaving at 3:30 and then at 7 am, he was a bit confused. I said, worry pas... we’re getting there in the morning to see our little Kyanne Berline. After Nicole told me that we were passing court in the afternoon, I did not want to screw things up. When I tried to go to bed, I was thinking of my friend Liette who is also adopting from GLA. She is waiting for her dossier to get out of IBESR... hopefully it will be soon... anyways, to get back to what I wanted to say... Liette is the total opposite from me. I always make mountains out of little pumps. If it would have been her in this situation, she would have simply emailed GAL this morning explaining of the flight change and would have assumed that they would change the court date for her. Sylvie on the other hand, had to make this all dramatic and pay an extra flight to get there in the AM. Sometimes I should sit back and let things flow but I dont have it in me. I had it in my heart that I was going to see Kyanne in the morning and I am going to see her. I will actually be there 1 1\2 hr earlier than scheduled previously.

We woke up at 3:30 to get to the airport early enough so I could try to see what I can do with our flight with Insel Air. Like the other time I flew to PAP, we were all over weight and had to stuff our carry-on bags so we would not get charged extra fee for our checked luggages.

When we got to the Insel Air ticketing booth, there were 2 guys waiting for their flight. We asked them where they were going and they said PAP!!! I was freaking. We waiting 10 minutes for the agent to arrive and he said it was scheduled for 8:30 am, however it would only leave at 2pm WTF!!!! Anyways, all that to say that we confirmed that we would still have our return flight with them on Saturday.

So right now, I am sitting at the airport writing this post so I don’t forget any of the details. I guess life would be boring if everything would go according to plan.

Oh and one more thing, poor Nicole was home talking to me till 2 am on FB. She wanted to make sure that we would be there in the morning. Thank God for her and her connections with GLA LOL!

Next post, I’ll have met my little Kyanne!!!! I guess part of mother hood is having no sleep so my first time seeing her will be with no sleep... just like giving birth for some mothers I guess!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy every moment of meeting your baby girl for the first time. I'll be jealous and dreaming it was me meeting my little girl too;) Best wishes for the rest of your journey!

Adrienne said...

I think you will have Kyanne home before any of us just through your strong determination! Don't change it, it's great!
:)

Joy said...

Oh, so frustrating not to have any rest first, but so exciting to be meeting your little girl!!!

ourpartyof4 said...

So sorry you are having these issues with your flights! But just think, you will be there before you know it, holding sweet Kyanne in your arms for the first time!

iffatali said...

Far too many people on the spectrum spend most of their days with people who carry around memories of, and are often too overwhelmed by incidents of, prior misinterpretation. This is no fun. In travel you can start over, and reinvent yourself. If somehow a relationship gets weird, you can leave and go to the next town, the next block, or whatever the case may be, and try again.
Flights to Harare
Cheap Flights to Harare
Cheap Air Tickets to Harare