Friday, April 16, 2010

Don't want to leave this beautiful place!

Day 8, April 12, 2010
This is our last morning in Haiti. We woke up and packed our suitcases. We then came downstairs to have our breakfast. It was hard to believe that we were really leaving. We left 3 suitcases behind with them. We said our good byes to Nikki and the girls because we would not see them when Brandon would pick us up to go to the airport. I took down their mailing address and phone number in Haiti. When we got to the orphanage, I didn’t want this to be my last day but I know that I will be back soon with my husband. I want him to experience this with me. We went up for one last time to play with the children. I brought my little princess, Wislande! It was a peaceful morning, overlooking the mountains and the fresh air. We came down for lunch and ate rice, bean pure, some kind of veggie sticks bread and the rest of the cake from Sunday. We said good bye to everyone. To be honest, I was not a sad as I thought I would be. I am really holding it together. I am really impressed. I think it’s because I talked to Victor last night and he said he can’t wait for us to come home. I do miss my Victor, Renée and my funny farm. We still have 3 days before we get to see them but at least I am on my way there. This is the first time that I have been away from Victor for so long. I miss him very much.



Brandon came and picked us up at 12:30. He drove us to a coffee shop in the city. It was really Americanized. I had a cappuccino and it was delicious. John, his adoptive son from Haiti came to say bye. He was supposed to have started school today but because he did not have his uniform, he will only start tomorrow. I bought a few books for Kyanna, some are in French and some in Creole. We then took a little detour to pass in front of their house in the city. The house is in a nice area. I am really glad that Brandon drove us to the airport because we got to see more of how the Haitian is living after the earthquake. In the mountains, it did not seem to have disturbed too much, but we were able to see with our own eyes, the destruction of the earthquake. The tent cities are in every corner. When we said our good bye’s to Brandon, he said I know I will see you back. We passed through 3 security belt for our luggage. One before we got our boarding passes, one right after and then we went up the stairs and had to do it again. It was weird but... whatever!



Well, this is it for my first Haitian trip! I am sitting next to Jeanne in the plane, flight AA 1908. We are headed for Miami for a few days of beach. It’s funny how I thought we would be so messed up after this trip and we are going home with a smile on our faces. The Haitian people are making the most of what they have and they appreciate life.

I am now sitting in my room in Miami Beach. We are staying at the Four Point Sheraton. We even got upgraded to an ocean front room. It’s really nice. It felt good to take a nice shower.

No comments: