Friday, April 9, 2010

We are officially EXPECTING!

Day 4, April 8, 2010

I got up this morning with a sore back. I guess my years working at a computer are showing how hard it is to play with kids all day. Yesterday just killed me with all the 30 some children upstairs on the balcony with us. Nikki said she was going to keep Daniel at home today and take care of him. We knew that he would be in good hands. We had a nice breakfast as usual, bowl of oatmeal and Nikki’s fresh biscuit. They were still hot. We are honestly being spoiled here in Haiti. I know it’s hard to believe but that’s just the way it is here at GLA.

When we got to work, LOL, Dixie told us that someone would come and get us around 9am to bring us see the new place at Fort St. Jacques. I was able to go up and get my munchkin for 1 hour. You should have seen her when I walk in the door. I should have brought my video camera. It was priceless. Around 9:15 am, someone can to get us and said we were just about to leave. The ride up to Fort St. Jacques was a bit different from the one from the airport. We sort of saw a hang out place with tones of motorbikes and all kind of Haitian people. To get to Fort St. Jacques, we had to go up a bit more in the mountains. The views were breath taken! Once we got out of the vehicle we could not believe how beautiful the property is. John showed us the plans of what his dream property is going to look like once finished. It’s going to be some beautiful. I sure hope that I will someday, be able to visit the new place.

For lunch, we had spaghetti. They had the meat sauce on the side so I was able to eat. Yes!!! Right after lunch, I went to talk to Stephanie, the adoption coordinator to see if I needed to send the deposit when I get home. She said yes. She said, that she went through my dossier and that everything looked good. She said you are in the system! You are on our waiting list. I could not believe it when she said that. I have been waiting for this moment for so long. We are officially expecting our baby girl. I asked her in the mean time about the little one that I fell in love with. She said she was 1 ½ year old. The little one cannot crawl yet. The lady from Montreal that left the second day we arrived said when she got there, the girl had no emotion. She did a fantastic job at stimulating her and you can see from your own eyes how she has improved. She’s a little princess. I can tell that she’s going to be a smart girl. I honestly thought she was younger but knowing that she is already 1 ½ year old, I don’t think she would be a prospect for us. There are others in front of us so the chances are slim. I know that my daughter is in Haiti somewhere, I just have to wait a bit more to meet her.

I went to see Laurie this pm, and gave her the money that we had collected. They were extremely happy with the donation. We gave them the money directly and they will be able to buy medications or things that the children need urgently.

Once we got back it was back with the children. The children today were all tired. I think being on the balcony all at once for the day tired them out. At the end of the day, I had a hard time bending down to put the children in their beds. I feel like an old gale! Just before supper time, another of the French ladies arrived with her daughter. She’s been in Haiti for 2 weeks now. She is just waiting for the passport of her child and she’s on her way. The girl is a sweetie. She played with Nicole’s iPod. She was dancing and making us laugh.

This evening, we all met on the balcony like every evening. We downloaded the picture and we all looked at them. Nikki, Brandon and John played cards while we were just sitting on the chairs and relaxing. We called it quits early. I feel that the Jordan’s adopted us. I feel part of their family. I can’t wait for Victor to meet them I think we came in our room at 8 pm. Now that we are expecting, I won’t have anything to do for our adoption anymore. I think I might learn Creole. It’s so close to French that I think it won’t take me long to learn the basics. It would be fun when I come back, that I would be able to communicate with them in Creole. I think I just put myself up to a challenge. I need something else to keep me occupied...

Oh and tonight was a good supper. There were rice/beans, green bean salad and a spicy sort of coleslaw. It was yummy!

3 comments:

A said...

Sylvie - it's so great to read your posts! You can tell just in your posts how happy you are to be there. I hope the rest of your stay is just as amazing...

Simone said...

Hi Sylvie
I am so glad you are having a wonderful experience at the orphange. You are making a big difference in those children's lives. I am looking forward to hearing all about when you come back.

Isabelle Boudreau said...

Loving reading your posts!! Exciting that you finally expecting! Hope you hear something very soon!